This is the "Helium Publishing FAQs" document that Helium posted (available via the link on the dashboard that says "Detailed information can be found in the FAQ.") I'm posting it here in case anyone overlooked it, or in case it's no longer accessible at a later time. -- May
-----Company document starts here ------->
NOTICE: The Helium Publishing 360 sites will be available on a read-only basis effective May 21, 2014 and will continue to be available on a read-only basis until December 15, 2014. During this period, if you have an existing Account, you will continue to have access to your Account and accrue potential Minimum Amount Threshold, but you will not be able to add more articles to the Helium Publishing 360 sites or create a new Account. If you have attained the Minimum Payout Threshold, which currently is set at $25.00, we strongly encourage you to withdraw your Minimum Amount Threshold because the Helium Publishing 360 sites will terminate on December 15, 2014 and you will no longer have access to your Account.
Why are the Helium Publishing 360 sites shutting down?
Changing market conditions and the proliferation of competitive publishing outlets and free blogging tools, as well as declining usage and revenue, were all contributing factors. After careful consideration it was determined that the existing business model cannot be sustained.
What dates impact me?
May 21, 2014
- the Helium Publishing 360 sites will become “read only” and no article changes or revisions will be possible
- no new work can be completed or created in the Helium Network dashboard
- new member registration for Helium Publishing 360 sites will cease
December 15, 2014
- advertising revenue share will cease
- you will no longer be able to access your Account
- all 27 of the Helium Publishing 360 sites will shut down and your articles will not be available via the microsites
- access to the Helium Network dashboard to retrieve your Helium Publishing articles, message others, and request payment will terminate
(more after the jump)